- RELATED ARTICLES
- Choose your subscription
- 7 Upcoming IPOs to watch in 2020
- Navigation menu
- Lendinvest secure cap ipo
- London Stock Exchange welcomes LendInvest Secured Income plc
- LendInvest Said to Be Moving Towards an IPO
- The marketplace for mortgages
- External links
LendInvest is a non-bank mortgage lender  in the UK, and is a property lending and investing platform. As an alternative Fintech lender in the property market, LendInvest provides fast finance to property professionals and small and medium-sized businesses (SMEs) around the UK.
It also makes it possible for individuals, corporates and institutions to invest in secured property loans originated and underwritten by its mortgage team.
LendInvest is regarded as one of the leading FinTech companies in the UK, and has been referred to as a 'future billion dollar' business.
LendInvest was launched in 2013 when it was spun out of Montello, a London-based specialist short-term property finance lender.
LendInvest is a privately held company and is backed by Atomico, the European venture capital investment fund co-founded by Niklas Zennström, which invested £17 million in the company in March 2016.
LendInvest operates throughout the UK with staff based regionally covering Southern England, Northern England and Scotland.
Since 2015, LendInvest has published an independently audited Annual Report on its website. In the year to 31 March 2017, LendInvest reported 20% revenue growth to £40 million and an underlying profit from operations of £2.6 million.
As at 31 March 2017, LendInvest had lent £811 million to property investors, landlords and developers, and was managing and advising on £412.5 million of facilities on behalf of a range of UK and international investors.
In February 2017, LendInvest published a report entitled "Starting small to build more homes: A blueprint for better policymaking in the property SME market", that revealed that SMEs in the housebuilding sector have been failing at alarming rates, and argues that the government could help to resolve the country's chronic housing shortage by rebooting its strategy to help smaller property firms. The report was formally launched on 21 March 2017 by Conor Burns MP.
In June 2017, LendInvest received a third SQ1 Servicer Quality Rating from European ratings agency ARC Ratings. ARC Rating assesses the process used by LendInvest to originate, underwrite and service property loans.
In September 2016, LendInvest launched the LendInvest Property Development Academy, a non-profit two day course for aspiring property entrepreneurs to learn how to better equip themselves with the skills they need to grow their property development portfolios. Academy courses are held in London, Manchester, Edinburgh, Bristol and Birmingham. The Academy was launched in collaboration with the University of Reading and is supported by the Home Builders' Federation. The initiative was attended by the Scottish government in June 2017 when Minister for Housing Kevin Stewart MSP launched the Edinburgh course.
LendInvest provides bridging finance for borrowers who need certainty of funding within a specific timeframe, and development finance for property developers who need funding to start or exit a project.
LendInvest is creating the most diverse capital base of any mortgage lender in the UK market. On 10 August 2017, LendInvest successfully launched a listed retail bond on the London Stock Exchange. The process to raise LendInvest's first retail bond was closed early and oversubscribed. The retail bond is the first to be issued by a FinTech business and constitutes a fourth funding channel for the company. LendInvest's first retail bond was added by the Daily Telegraph's Questor share tip column to its £500,000 Income Portfolio on 4 August 2017.
- ^"Alternative lenders help fill funding gap".
Mortgage Strategy. Retrieved November 7, 2013.
- ^"10 Questions with... Christian Faes of Montello". Bridging and Commercial. Retrieved November 7, 2013.
- ^"Second real estate debt fund for Montello".
Retrieved November 7, 2013.
- ^"LendInvest off to a flying start". Mortgage Introducer UK. Retrieved November 7, 2013.
- ^"P2P mortgage lending platform launches".
Mortgage Introducer UK. Retrieved November 7, 2013.
- ^"LendInvest join the P2P Finance Association". Mortgage Introducer. Retrieved November 7, 2013.
- ^"Peer-to-peer mortgage lender launches".
Every Investor. Retrieved November 7, 2013.
- ^Ram, Aliya (21 August 2017). "Peer-to-peer lending websites struggle to attract borrowers".
- ^Ratcliffe, Madeline (8 January 2016). "Peer to peer mortgage lender LendInvest hits £500m mark".
- ^ ab"LONDON STOCK EXCHANGE WELCOMES LENDINVEST SECURED INCOME PLC". https://www.lseg.com/.
The FinTech 50. Retrieved 2017-11-01.
- ^Finextra (2017-08-10). "LendInvest makes London Stock Exchange debut with £50m raise". Finextra Research. Retrieved 2017-11-01.
- ^"Fintech lender LendInvest to launch retail bond offering - AltFi News".
Choose your subscription
AltFi. Retrieved 2017-11-01.
- ^Weeks, Ryan (19 July 2017). "Fintech lender LendInvest to launch retail bond offering". Altfi News.
- ^"LendInvest launches first retail bond for secured property loans".
Wealth Adviser. 26 July 2017.
- ^Smith, Edwin (8 February 2015).
"25 fintech companies set for stardom". Raconteur.
- ^Williams-Grut, Oscar (20 April 2017). "17 fintech businesses that could one day be worth over $1 billion".
7 Upcoming IPOs to watch in 2020
Business Insider UK.
- ^Allen, Kate (22 September 2014). "Is peer-to-peer a new home for UK property finance?".
- ^"Structured Finance - Review Report"(PDF). Arc Ratings. 23 June 2017.
- ^Palmer, Kate (14 March 2016). "Skype co-founder Niklas Zennström buys £17m stake in peer-to-peer lender". Telegraph.
- ^"LendInvest hires Andy Virgo as first BDM for Southern England".
Business Money. 15 August 2017.
- ^Hurst, Samantha (18 January 2016).
Lendinvest secure cap ipo
"P2P Lending Platform LendInvest Publishes Annual Report". Crowdfund Insider.
- ^Bambrough, Billy (7 October 2016). "Alternative mortgage lender LendInvest posts a 133 per cent rise in revenue as profit flattens out".
- ^McGagh, Michelle (1 August 2017). "LendInvest 5.25% bond offer closes on Friday". Citywire Money.
- ^Norman, Paul.
"LendInvest adds retail bond to funding sources". CoStar.
- ^"LendInvest publishes a blueprint for change to government treatment of property SMEs".
Housebuilder & Developer. 6 March 2017.
- ^Rothstein, Matthew (7 March 2017).
London Stock Exchange welcomes LendInvest Secured Income plc
"Turning Around Housebuilding SMEs Might Be The Key To Recovery In The Sector". Forbes.
- ^Faes, Christian (7 March 2017). "Entrepreneur housebuilders have been crushed: We must bring them back to life".
- ^"Conor discusses housebuilding". Conor Burns. 19 April 2017.
- ^"LendInvest receives highest rating from European ratings agency | Mortgage Introducer".
Mortgage Introducer. 2017-06-29. Retrieved 2017-11-13.
- ^"LendInvest receives highest rating from European ratings agency for third consecutive year".
Bridging Loan Directory. 2017-06-29. Retrieved 2017-11-13.
- ^Lockhart, Rod (6 June 2017). "We must reverse decline of smaller housebuilders". Property Week.
- ^"What attendees thought of the LendInvest Property Development Academy".
LendInvest Said to Be Moving Towards an IPO
Mortgage Strategy. 22 December 2016.
- ^Shoffman, Marc (23 June 2017). "LendInvest launches Scottish Property Development Academy". Peer2Peer Finance News.
- ^Lynn, Alex (30 March 2017). "LendInvest's property development academy expands to the North". Development Finance Today.
- ^Hall, Robyn (20 January 2017).
"Home Builders Federation backs LendInvest academy". Specialist Finance Introducer.
- ^Mackie, Gareth (23 June 2017).
The marketplace for mortgages
"LendInvest launches academy for budding property tycoons". The Scotsman.
- ^Jobson, Myron (28 July 2017). "The LendInvest bond promises to pay investors 5.25% with two payments a year until 2022, but should you invest?".
This is Money.
- ^Turvill, William (28 April 2016). "Peer-to-peer mortgage company LendInvest announces £40m warehouse funding line from Macquarie".
- ^ ab"LendInvest makes London Stock Exchange debut with £50m raise".
Finextra. 10 August 2017.
- ^Dyson, Richard (28 July 2017). "Questor: With a 5.25pc coupon and a five-year term, this new bond issue is worth a look". The Telegraph.