- The Display of the Future Might Be in Your Contact Lens
- NEW WHEELS: BOOSTED 105s
- Kickstarter Boosted Boards
- First gen Boosted Boards
- Second gen Boosted Boards
- Enjoy the ride.
- Third gen Boosted Boards
- Boosted Rev electric scooter
- All Boards
- Any way to invest into Boosted?
- Boosted Stealth
- $10 MILLION Electric Skateboard Idea - Watch Out Boosted Board!
- The Electric Skateboard Company That Would Take Over the World
US electric skateboards manufacturer
Boosted (formerly Boosted Boards) is an American manufacturer of electric skateboards and electric scooters based in Mountain View, California.
Boosted was founded in mid-2012 with financial backing by StartX. The company was founded by Sanjay Dastoor, John Ulmen, and Matthew Tran, who delivered a TED talk on the subject in 2013.
The company started a Kickstarter campaign promising a premium electric skateboard called the "Boosted Board" for a $100,000 goal.
It was a massive success, and generated over $467K from backers.
In 2014, the original Boosted Board was renamed the Dual+, and two new models were announced: the Dual and the Single. The Dual and Single received new, upgraded software.
The Display of the Future Might Be in Your Contact Lens
The Dual+ also received the software following the announcement.
On May 19, 2016 the second generation Boosted Board was announced. It featured a swappable battery that could be upgraded to a future Extended Range Battery, water resistance, 80mm Orangatang wheels, upgraded Bluetooth radio, accessory ports beneath the risers, and more modular design to better enable service and repair by both users and the manufacturer. However, the Single model was cancelled and store credits to reservation holders to upgrade to Dual and Dual+ models.
In February 2017, the second generation was re-released with additional upgrades to its battery and firmware.
In November 2017, an expanded version of the Boosted mobile app was released, including expansion from just iOS to also include Android. In January 2018 the Extended Range Battery was released, which is able to be mounted on second generation boards, effectively doubling the range of skateboard.
On April 17, 2018, Boosted announced its third generation of skateboards.
NEW WHEELS: BOOSTED 105s
It included two longboards, and for the first time, two shortboards. The company also expanded at this time from shipping in US and Canada to 34 countries, including the EU, Australia, and New Zealand. TIME Magazine named the Boosted Mini a Top 50 Invention of the Year.
In December 2018, Boosted received over $60M in new investment to continue its global expansion and development of additional products.
Boosted announced the new Boosted Rev scooter on May 15, 2019.
Kickstarter Boosted Boards
The first Boosted Boards were offered in a Kickstarter running from September 11, 2012 to October 11, 2012, collecting $467,167 with 1,110 backers. The first boards shipped in February 2014.
First gen Boosted Boards
The official Boosted line-up was launched November 5, 2014 and consisted of three models.
|Boosted Single||Boosted Dual||Boosted Dual+|
|Top speed||18 mph||20 mph||22 mph|
|Power||1000 watt||1500 watt||2000 watt|
|Range||7 miles (11 km)||7 miles (11 km)||7 miles (11 km)|
|Hill climbing||15% grade||20% grade||25% grade|
|Wheel Size||Orangatang In Heat 75mm|
|Deck length||38.0" (96,5 cm)|
Second gen Boosted Boards
The second generation boards were announced on May 19, 2016. The second generation features an upgrade to the electronics and drive train of the board.
Enjoy the ride.
New boards featured modular components such as the motors, skid plates, ESC, and battery. Second generation was also launched with 2 battery sizes, the 99 watt-hour SR battery and the 199 watt-hour XR battery.
Originally announced with a singe motor variant, the 2nd generation later discontinued development of this board due to an XR battery recall and subsequent shipping delays.
|Boosted Dual SR||Boosted Dual XR||Boosted Dual+ SR||Boosted Dual+ XR|
|Top speed||20 mph||22 mph|
|Power||1500 watt||2000 watt|
|Range||7 miles (11 km)||14 miles (22 km)||7 miles (11 km)||14 miles (22 km)|
|Recharge time||75 min||105 min||75 min||105 min|
|Hill climbing||20% grade||25% grade|
|Wheel Size||Orangatang Kegel 80mm|
|Deck length||38.0" (96,5 cm)|
|Weight||15.0 lbs (6,8 kg)||16.8 lbs (7,6 kg)||15.0 lbs (6,8 kg)||16.8 lbs (7,6 kg)|
Third gen Boosted Boards
The third generation Boosted Boards were introduced on April 17, 2018. The line exists of four models, with the Boosted Mini, a smaller electric skateboard.
The major difference between 2nd gen and 3rd gen boards comes with their construction, as they now only use in house Boosted components (deck, wheels, trucks).
|Boosted Stealth||Boosted Plus||Boosted Mini X||Boosted Mini S|
|Top speed||24 mph (38 km/h)||22 mph (35 km/h)||20 mph (32 km/h)||18 mph (29 km/h)|
|Power||2100 watt||2000 watt||1000 watt|
|Range||14 miles (22 km)||7 miles (11 km)|
|Recharge time||105 min||75 min|
|Hill climbing||25% grade||20% grade|
|Wheels||Boosted Stratus 85mm||Boosted Lunar 80mm|
|Deck length||38.0" (96,5 cm)||29.5" (75,0 cm)|
|Weight||17.0 lbs (7,7 kg)||16.8 lbs (7,6 kg)||15.0 lbs (6,8 kg)|
Boosted Rev electric scooter
|Motors||Two (all wheel drive)|
|Top speed||24 mph (38 km/h)|
|Range||8-16 mile Real world Range depending on user weight and mode used|
|Hill climbing||25% grade|
- ^"Boosted Rolls Out Cheaper, Even More Dangerous Electric Skateboards".
WIRED. Retrieved 2016-06-18.
- ^Lawler, Ryan (6 September 2012). "Stanford's StartX Incubator Says It's Number 2 In Funding Per Startup, With $80 Million Raised Over Two Years".
TechCrunch. Retrieved 14 July 2016.
- ^Dastoor, Sanjay, A skateboard, with a boost, retrieved 2016-06-18 boosted people: [OJG] Hülkérmôn
- ^"Boosted Boards – The World's Lightest Electric Vehicle".
Kickstarter. Retrieved 2016-06-18.
- ^Jack, Robbie (2016-05-19). "Introducing the 2nd Generation Boosted Board – Boosted Boards". Archived from the original on 2016-08-17.
- ^ ab"Extended Range Pack, Single, and International Update – Boosted Boards".
Any way to invest into Boosted?
Boosted Boards. 2017-01-31. Retrieved 2018-09-18.
- ^Cromwell Schubarth (December 20, 2018). "Electric skateboard startup Boosted scores $60M to develop new vehicle".
Silicon Valley Business Journal. Retrieved December 23, 2018.
- ^"Boosted Boards – The World's Lightest Electric Vehicle". Kickstarter.
- ^"Boosted Boards – 3 New Electric Skateboard Models Starting at $999".
Boosted Boards. 2014-11-05.
$10 MILLION Electric Skateboard Idea - Watch Out Boosted Board!
- ^"Introducing the 2nd Generation Boosted Board – Boosted Boards". Boosted Boards.
2016-05-19. Retrieved 2018-09-18.
- ^"The Next Generation of Boosted – Boosted Boards".
The Electric Skateboard Company That Would Take Over the World
Boosted Boards. 2018-04-17.
- ^"Compare the New Boosted Boards – Boosted Boards". Boosted Boards. 2018-04-17. Retrieved 2018-04-17.